Town Hall at St. Georges Bermuda
Today, the Mayor of the town and the council meets here regularly to take decisions related to the town's administrative matters.
Bermuda cedars have been used extensively for the interiors which is aesthetically designed and has lovely cedar ceiling and floor.
Here are what you will see inside:
1) A flagstone has been brought in 1998 from Sir George Somers's home town in England and has been laid at the entrance way of the town hall. Somers was the founder of Bermuda whose ship Sea Venture strayed in a storm and wrecked near the shore of St. George.
2) Portraits of earlier Mayors of the St. Georges town. For over 100 years, mayors have been holding the civic government meetings at the town hall.
Town Hall, St. George Bermuda
3) Bermuda cedar furnishing, chairs and tables along with Mayor's Throne. If you want, you can sit on one of them and get your own photograph taken.
4) An 1861 painting of St. George Harbor created by the Edwin James, a renowned British artist who was a resident of the town.
5) Letters from Queen Elizabeth II, etc
Inside Town Hall, St George
Admission is free. There are toilets just behind the Town Hall.
Open to public 10a.m - 4p.m, Monday-Saturday (when not in session).
Location and Contacts
7 Kings Square, Town of St. George's, Bermuda
Check out Bermuda Tourist Map to see the location of Town Hall in Bermuda.
1) Check out St George's Town to know about the historical Town of St. George, its attractions, activities, restaurants, hotels and more.
2) Check out St. George's Parish to know about the parish where the town of St. George is located and all its attractions and activities.
Return to Bermuda Attractions Home
@Copyright bermuda-attractions.com - All Rights Reserved