Pickled Onion Restaurant, Bermuda$$, Bermudian and International Cuisine
Located on the Front Street in Hamilton City, Pickled Onion is a popular place for both locals and tourists.
The classy restaurant has a retro modern look, with lots of warm wood and 1950s styled furniture and lighting. This is a mid-scale but a casual restaurant.
If you happen to be in Bermuda on a Wednesday and between May to October, dining in Pickled Onion can be of special treat.
Wednesday night between May to September is the Harbor Night. The Front Street is closed out to motor traffic in the evening. With lighting, street performers and vendors of varied types, it becomes like a night long festival on the Front Street. The balcony view of the street with the backdrop of the harbor and combined with a cocktail can be a special experience at Pickled Onion. This is something we would never miss out, if we are on the island on that day.
The Pickled Onion Bermuda
The Pickled Onion has been well known for its creative and contemporary international cuisine.
Some of the other favorite choices at Pickled Onion are flame-seared tuna, dressed with avocado, tomato, and cilantro salsa, or the Roasted Snapper served with Basmati rice. For dessert, Melanie's Bermuda banana bread with bruleed bananas are our favorites. The bar is well stocked.
Menu is quite comprehensive. They also serve several snack items like wahoo burgers, pizza sticks, egg rolls etc. During the high season, there is a live band entertainment almost all seven nights of the week. We found the restaurant staff quite friendly. They offer a great Sunday brunch. Lunch main courses range from $14 to $21, dinner main courses cost from $16 to $30.
They accept credit cards. Reservation is recommended on the weekends. Dress code is smart casual.
Update January 2013: Fresh draft beer locally brewed by the Dockyard Brewing Company is now available at Pickled Onion. You won't have to go all the way to the Frog & Onion Pub in the dockyard to get the freshly brewed local beer. They are now available in Hamilton both in Hog Penny and Pickled Onion. Several different types of beers are served.
Open daily from 11am - 1am (extended to 2am for Friday & Saturday)
Sunday Brunch: 11am - 5pm.
Location and Contact
53 Front Street, city of Hamilton, Pembroke Parish.
Bus route: #1, 2, 10, 11
Check out Hamilton Dining Map to see the location of this restaurant.
1) Check out Restaurants in Hamilton City know about all the great restaurants & bars in and around Hamilton City area.
2) Check out Top Cheap Restaurants to know about the inexpensive dining choices in Bermuda that serve great dishes and are quite popular in the island.
3) Check out Top Bermuda Restaurants for all our favorite restaurants in Bermuda.
4) Check out Restaurants & Bars Directory for a complete list of dining options in Bermuda.
5) Check out Explore Hamilton City and Pembroke Parish to know about the City of Hamilton and its parish including all its attractions, activities, hotels and other information.
6) Bermuda Nightlife: Bars, Pubs, Night Clubs, Night Festivals & Celebrations etc.
Return from Pickled Onion Bermuda Restaurant to Bermuda Attractions Home
@Copyright bermuda-attractions.com - All Rights Reserved