Black Horse Tavern Bermuda$$, Continental & Bermudian
Many of the locals in Bermuda maintain that this is the most authentic restaurant for original local cuisine in Bermuda.
This intimate, homely restaurant is a favorite with locals who come here to escape the crowd of Hamilton. So if you have chosen to dine here, you are most likely to be dining with many locals. The Black Horse Tavern restaurant has a dusty rose exterior with green shutters and a glass covered balcony in the rear that looks over Smith's Sound. We love to enjoy the view of Smith's Sound as we dine in the glassed-in porch. Sometimes we sit outside in the garden to be closer to the water. Over the years, Black Horse Tavern has attracted many celebrities. Some diners even arrive in the yachts.
Black Horse Tavern, Bermuda
Seafood is a specialty at Black Horse Tavern Bermuda. Conch stew, stuffed lobster, Bermuda fish chowder, shark hash and curried mussels are all excellent. Other renderings of amberjack, rockfish, shark, tuna, Wahoo are equally good. They also serve conch fritters and fish sandwiches that are popular with the locals.
Just about everything is deep-fried, so if that’s not what you want, then request it be cooked the way you like. Other than seafood, the chef grills fabulous steaks, and you get chicken-and-chips and burgers as well. Our favorite soft drinks here include Bermuda Triangle pineapple, the orange juice, or the Bermuda gold liqueur.
Prices for main courses range from $21 to $40. Reservation is recommended. They accept credit cards. Dress code is smart casual.
Tuesday - Saturday: 11am - 1am
Sunday: 12noon - 1am; Monday closed
Location and Contacts
101 St. David's Road, St. David's Island, St George Bermuda.
Bus route: #6
Check out St. George Dining Map to see the location of this restaurant.
1) Check out Top Bermuda Restaurants for our favorite dining places in Bermuda.
2) Check out Top Cheap Restaurants to know about the inexpensive dining choices in Bermuda that serve great dishes and are quite popular in the island.
3) Restaurants in St. George: The dining choices in St George
4) Check out St George's Town to know about the historical Town of St. George, its attractions, activities and more.
5) Check out St. George's Parish to know about the parish and all its attractions & activities.
Return from Black Horse Tavern Bermuda to St George Bermuda
Return from Black Horse Tavern Bermuda to Bermuda Attractions Home
@Copyright bermuda-attractions.com - All Rights Reserved