Bermuda Institute, a well known private school in Bermuda was established in 1943 with only 17 students. It was set up in the basement of a building known as the Bay View Apartments and had only one class room.
10 years later, the school was relocated to its present location at the Sandringham property in Southampton with 129 students. Bermuda Institute is operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church and follows the North American education model.
The education system followed in the school includes:
- Elementary school comprising of kindergarten - grade 6;
- Middle school: grades 7 and 8; and
- High school: grades 9 - 12.
Children are required to appear for the IOWA basic skills test through out their 12 years of schooling. In the years 11 and 12, the students have the option to sit the ACT, SAT and PSAT exams.
Being guided and operated by the Seventh day Adventist Church, the school encourages students to:
- Develop a personal relationship with God and his fellow men
- Master the basic academic skills
- Value labor, both physical and mental, as the blessing God intended
- Cultivate physical fitness, mental ability, and moral purity as the blessing God intended.
In the academic year 2016/2017, the basic school fees at Bermuda Institute was $10,600.
Location and Contacts
234 Middle Road, Southampton SN BX, Bermuda