H2O Sports Bermuda
Earlier Windjammer Watersports
Following a change in ownership, the earlier Windjammer Watersports has become H2O Sports. Note the spelling... H then the number 2 and then the letter O, which stands for the chemical formula of water. So the full name means watersports. H2O Sports is located at the western end of Bermuda in Sandys Parish (few minutes by bus from the dockyard) and offers watersport activities, tours, boat rentals, kayaks, and equipment rentals (fishing, snorkel and others).
If you are visiting the dockyard or your cruise ship is docked there, H2O can be a convenient outfitter to plan your water tours and activities. They have experienced guides who can design your tours and activities around the western water areas of the island. They operate out of a small pier on Mangrove Bay.
Here are the various rental and other options available with H2O:
1) 17-foot Twin Vee motorboat that can accommodate up to 6 persons. It has a central console, 40-hp engine with electric start. The boat is very stable and spacious. Every boat has a sun shade (bimini top) and a ladder.
2) 17-foot sailboats called Day-Sailors that can accommodate up to 6 persons.
3) Sunfish Sailing Boats that are good for two persons.
4) Laser Sailing Boats that have a capacity of two persons.
5) Kayaks that include single and double sit-on-top kayaks.
6) Fishing rods and snorkeling gears.
7) They also offer a Jet Ski Safari. It's a great 75 minute ride on the water experiencing some of the top attractions in Bermuda including wrecks, reefs, coves and caverns. The safari is similar to the one that I described under Jet Ski Safari from Snorkel Park
Rates by Viator
Snorkel Gear $20.00 per day; Fishing Gear $20.00 per day
Single and Double Kayak: $40.00 for first hour, $10.00 for additional hour
10’ Stand-Up Paddle Board: $40.00 for first hour, $10.00 for additional hour
13’ Sunfish sail boat: $40.00 for first hour, $10.00 for additional hour
14’ Hobie Cat: $60.00 for first hour, $10.00 for additional hour
17’ O'Day Sailboat for day sail: $80.00 for first hour, $10.00 for additional hour
17' Motor Boat $80.00 for first hour, $30.00 for additional hour
Fuel costs will be on actual based on consumption. They accept credit cards. Cancellation policy is two hours before appointment.
Location and Contacts
Address: H2O Sports, 2 Cambridge Road, Sandys, Bermuda
5 minutes walk from Somerset Village bus stop (near Mangrove Bay Post Office). You can take bus #7 or #8 from the Dockyard or Hamilton. By taxi it takes less than 10 minutes from the dockyard.
Phone: (441) 234 3082
Raj is an avid traveler, a travel journalist and a blogger. As an author of this website, he shares deep insights on Bermuda and related areas of interest. Since years, he has been helping countless viewers by posting quality articles, answering questions and sharing experiences on this website. Launched in 2008, this website is Bermuda's one of the leading sources of information since many years.
Visitors' Reviews and Comments
Review and share your experience.